Friday, June 14, 2013

To: List..

To: List
Short story By Jayaprakash [JP], 05-Jun-2013, 2:15am
[Disclaimer: This story is purely a fictional creation, imagination of the author alone, any resemblance to living, dead or future is purely co-incidental and author does not take any responsibility for it]

Here goes the story….
I was looking at my iPhone and it looked so lifeless, I just wished that the device had a life and it could just talk back to me, I was expecting a call… 
Finally my Timba ringtone rang, I felt like that was most heavenly music I had ever heard {Fyi readers, I used to hate the sound of this ringtone, for knowing how it becomes heavenly music on this instance, read on…}
I picked up the phone and there she was my superwoman on the other end of the line, I eagerly waited for what she would say…..

[2 days back]
Superwoman is my dream girl, whom I had seen in one of the conferences. First time, I could not muster courage to talk to her,  second time it was just one of those we will never meet again friendly talks, but I kept bumping into her in the most of the conferences around the world at Paris, Rome, Dubai, Venice etc. and we started talking more often. The more I got to know her, I found her to be the woman J {Readers you guessed it right and you expected thisJ}. Yes cupid struck me as well, now how do I propose her, did not have any guts to tell her face to face {Readers, this is when lot of stupid ideas seem to occur automatically right, it happened to me also}.
I decided to make a video of me proposing to her at all historic locations that we had visited. I already had the videos of her on the top of Eiffel tower, on the streets of Rome in front of Colosseum, on top of burj khalifa, all I had to do was to edit those videos to include me. I hired a film editor and made a nice video.  Now I had to choose a right time to show the video. After attending one of the conferences, we were flying back from Madrid to Bangalore. I spoke to one of the flight attendants and requested them to play the video and that is how I proposed to my superwoman, 35000 feet above the earth in the sky close to heaven and god J {Readers one of these days, I will write more detailed fictional story of my proposal} She got stumped, it was totally unexpected for her and mostly out of shock asked me for two days to think about it.

[Back to present]
I picked up the phone and she said “Yes” J
I was like did you say “Yes”, I felt like getting up and dancing, I said give me a second and made one those signature Michael Jackson’s Moonwalk moves and back to phone, I asked  her shall I change my Facebook relationship status J, she said “Yes”. I asked her again, can I send mail invitation for a treat to all our friends to celebrate…she said yes.  Mail invitation, hmmm this was the biggest mistake and the reason for this story J
Started typing my mail invitation for the treat…
To: Rajni, Vijay, Ajith, Surya, Vikram, Hrithik, Anushka, Samantha, Trisha, Superwoman
Dear Friends, Inviting you all for a treat at Hotel Citadel, 7pm tonight to celebrate superwoman accepting my proposal.

[Day of Treat]
All of our friends arrived by 7pm, but my superwoman was not yet there, I kept calling her many times, but no response, finally she picked up the call, I asked her when are you coming. All the guests are already here.  She said “I am breaking up”, I was not sure I heard her right, I said what and why.....she said if I was so important for you, I should have been on the top of the list. I was confused, I said which list, I haven’t made any list…thousand lists went through my mind, to do list, task list, not to do list, grocery list, laundry list…but nothing was fitting…
She said check your To: List….I said again which To: list, she said the Treat mail invitation To: List, I checked my mail and yes her name was last in the list, I said but…I was searching for explanation, I mean how do you explain this, can there be any explanation… she said just if I was on top of your mind, my name should have been first in the To: List and disconnected the phone….
I was holding a dead phone and my mind was trying to make sense of the situation…..and I suddenly laughed out loud. I got dumped because of To: List…… ha ha ha ahaha ah lol rofl..
[End of Story]


4 comments:

  1. Good one JP :) it was fun reading it..waiting for the proposal story.. anyway now the plot is disclosed will wait for the story though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prashant, Hope life going great for you :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you dost..read my other stories also :) when you get time..

      Delete